Thursday, December 31, 2015

With So Much Negative News, How Do We Receive Good Morning News Everyday?

I’ve come to find out that something very interesting happens at night while I'm sleeping. There are people all over the world making news! But I found out that God has Good News for me Every Morning! And one of His consistent daily headlines is found in Psalm 143:8. Listen to this: "Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love. For I have put my trust in You. Show me the way I should go. For to You I lift up my soul." God's inviting us here to check out the news from heaven every new morning. If you do, you will notice that the headline is always the same-God's Love Is Unfailing. And no matter what went on during the night, even if you were a part of the story, God still loves you very much.  

Truth is, there are those days where we're ruled by our worries or our weakness, and we’re ruled by our pain, our guilt, by our To Do List, our responsibilities, our stress, our moods, our erratic emotions. The problem is that I think we choose early in the day to focus on other headlines instead of God's. It’s like having this important front page story, but when you look to the left, you see the one day sale at Macy’s and so your focus shifts, and you ignore what was most important. Or, instead of focusing in on God's unfailing love, we fill our heart with a headline like this: The money is failing! The interest rate is failing! My strength is failing! My health is failing! My loved ones are failing! My dream is failing! The one I trusted is failing me! The church is failing me! However, remember this: every earth thing, every earth person will fail you sometimes. You can ONLY get Unfailing Love from God!

None of us knows what news will break in our life on any given day. When a parent will get sick, a sibling dies, a child goes astray, you lose the house or job, your diagnosis is steadily declining, your marriage ends, your church doors close for a final time, the car crashes, the stray bullet comes through the wrong window….the list is endless of what could happen from day-to-day. That's why I love the security of Hebrews 6:19, that says, speaking of Jesus, “This hope [this confident assurance] we have as an anchor of the soul [it cannot slip and it cannot break down under whatever pressure bears upon it]—a safe and steadfast hope that enters within the veil [of the heavenly temple, that most Holy Place in which the very presence of God dwells],” (AMP). His love is one love that will never leave. One unmovable relationship. One unloseable security. How wonderful it is to wake up in the morning and go, "I know He loves me. I've opened my life to that love that began on that cross." And every time I think of it my mind wonders to Scriptures like these:

Therefore, every morning, empty your mind, your emotions, and your attitudes to the headlines from heaven. They overrule every other headline. The morning news is always this: God Loves Me Today! And there will never be a moment that He doesn't. This day I am incredibly loved by an incredible God. Now that’s Good Morning News…And I Receive it…Everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment