Thursday, February 18, 2016

You Can Trust God Without Understanding Everything.

YOU CAN TRUST GOD WITHOUT UNDERSTANDING EVERYTHING.
This principle can be seen by what Joseph said in Genesis 50:20: “You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives.”To me, the two most important words in that verse are “but God.” Many bad things happened to Joseph, but God turned it around for good. I’m sure there were times when Joseph asked God, “Why?” “Why am in this pit?” “Why am I in this prison? I don’t understand!” Joseph never understood why these things happened; instead he later learned what God was doing–bringing about good. Joseph discovered he didn’t have to figure out why things were happening; instead he learned to trust God. Regardless the topic of what I am speaking on, time after time I find myself sharing and ending the Sunday message with faith and trust. The two go together hand in hand. God didn't ask us to figure out anything but to trust Him.

Trusting God doesn’t ignore the fact that there are bad people and bad things that happen to us. There are hateful people out there who stalk children or strap bombs to themselves and kill innocent citizens. There are harmful diseases that rob our loved ones of their health. There are tragic accidents happening everyday causing pain and suffering. In the midst of this, we want to ask, “WHY?” Why did my spouse die? Why did I get cancer? Why did I have to bury my child? Why did my mate leave me? Why did my parents split up? Why does everyone else seem to prosper while I suffer? Seldom do we ever get answers to those questions in this life.

Instead, these experiences provide the opportunity for us to trust God completely instead of understanding everything. Proverbs 3:5 says, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;” When you face trouble, you have a choice of either trying to understand it, or choosing to trust God. If you spend all your emotional energy trying to figure out WHY this is happening, you can’t fully trust God.

No comments:

Post a Comment