Monday, April 8, 2024

God Values You So Much That He Does Not Discard You When You Mess Up! Our Shelter Is Not A Place, Or Thing, It’s A Person. A Faulty Shelter Does Not Help Us, But It Offers A False Sense Of Comfort Or Security. Know If You Have Any Faulty Shelters.

Unshakeable in A Chaotic World Where God Looks at You as Valuable. Our Shelter Is Not A Place, or thing, It’s A Person.  A faulty shelter does not help us, but it offers a false sense of comfort or security.  False shelters can be found in drinking, smoking, gambling, drugs, food, and hobbies. In commercial buildings there are emergency routes that lead to safety, they are normally marked in red.  In the New Testament, Jesus’ words are written in red.  His words will guide and lead to His shelter. When you are in a trial learn how to run to Jesus. Maybe you have taken up residence in one of these faulty shelters before, where it offered a false sense of comfort & security. In Other Words, God Values You So Much That He Does Not Even Discard You When You Mess Up! Know If You Have Any Faulty Shelters. Learn how to live an unshakeable life during trials. If you only knew how valuable, you are.

Galatians 2:19-21 19 For me through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless, I live; yet not I, but Christ lived in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness comes by the law, then Christ is dead in vain. KJV. “When you are in a trial you will run to Jesus.”

Which is also the mindset of people who feel unworthy. They will accept any kind of treatment from anyone because they are under the faulty impression that they are not of any value.

I am holding a $20 bill in my hand (let your imagination follow me). If you were sitting here with me and I offered this $20 bill to you, would you take it? I think you would. Now you are going to have to use a little bit more of your imagination to picture what I am about to do, but here goes. I am now crumpling that nice $20 bill and I am crushing it into a little wad. Do you still want this bill? If you were right here, would you still take it? Keep in mind that it is all wadded up now. OK, say you decide to take it anyway, well, now I am beating on this wadded-up $20 bill, and I am stomping on it with my muddy shoes! Now, if I still offered to give you this $20 bill, would you still take it? I mean, it has been beaten up, it is crushed, stomped on, so would you still want it? Well, of course, you would! Do you know why? Because no matter what happened to that $20 bill, IT NEVER LOST ITS VALUE!

And that is the point, isn’t it? No matter how abused and beaten up that $20 bill is, it is still worth just as much as it always was, and in case you were wondering, SO ARE YOU!

I do not have to guess, assume, ask questions, or look prophetically into anything. I can guarantee you someone today feels just like I just treated that $20 bill. They feel beat up, mishandled, and treated badly, they have been crushed, crumpled, and trampled on. And when someone has been treated like that, they begin to believe a lie that they are not worth much. If they were, why would anyone treat them like that? People like this begin to feel like, ‘If I were so loved, why would he hit me; why would she leave me? If I am so valuable, why would they treat me like trash? If I am so important, why did they reject and abandon me? If I am so beautiful, why doesn’t anyone tell me so? If I am so needed, why do I feel so lonely?’

And what is worse about people who feel like this is that when you think you are worthless, you start making choices based on unworthiness. You start throwing yourself away, settling for junk, doing anything for a little love, a little affection, a little attention. Think about it: No one treats fake fur the same as a real one; no one handles real diamonds the same as fake ones; no one treasures a brand-new top-of-the-line car the same as they do a 30-year-old (raggedy, hope it makes it to the next corner) vehicle. If you want to know how much someone values a thing, JUST PAY ATTENTION TO HOW THEY TREAT IT.

But the truth is, you are just like my beat-up $20 bill. No matter how you have been treated, you are still just as valuable! You are still precious because no one on earth gave you your worth – GOD DID! So, no one on earth can take it away! So, if you have found yourself in the unfortunate predicament of allowing people to treat you as less than others, today is your day to Stop It!

We have got to go to God’s Book to get the truth about our value! And when we do, we find three worthy givers that cannot be taken from you:

FIRST, YOUR WORTH IS BASED ON BEING MADE IN GOD’S IMAGE: In Genesis 1:27, the Bible says, “So God created man in His image, in the image of God created He him; male and female created He them.” God made you as a reflection of Himself, so do not tell me you are not worth much!

Did you catch all of that? YOU are created, crafted, designed, and made in the DIVINE IMAGE OF GOD, TO BE LIKE GOD YOUR MAKER, REFLECTING THE NATURE OF THE GODHEAD! Yep, that’s VALUE! No matter what you see or don’t see, like or don’t like when you look in the mirror, the bottom line is YOU ARE THE REFLECTION OF GODHEAD, WHICH MAKES YOU IMPORTANT, SIGNIFICANT, WORTHY, AND VALUABLE! LET NOTHING AND NO ONE TREAT YOU LESS! YOU ARE TO BE TREASURED!

Think about it: When we think of the Godhead (Father, Son, and Holy Ghost), what are some of the things that come to mind? Almighty, Powerful, Awesome, Dynamic, Creative, Anointing, Gifts, Strength, Protection, Victorious, Ability…Well, You My Friend Reflect All of That! Stop underestimating and undervaluing yourself! You are powerful, victorious, anointed, gifted, and strong! You are Worthy!

SECONDLY, YOUR WORTH IS BASED ON GOD’S ONE-OF-A-KIND MASTERPIECE: In Psalm 139:13, David says to God, “For You created my inmost being You knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise You because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Your works are wonderful. I know that full well” (NIV). Listen to the Message Bible, “Oh yes, you shaped me first inside, then out; You formed me in my mother’s womb. I thank You, High God – You are breathtaking! Body and soul, I am marvelously made! I worship in adoration – what a creation! You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something. Like an open book, you watched me grow from conception to birth; all the stages of my life were spread out before You, the days of my life all prepared before I’d even lived one day.” (MSG) Does that sound like a nobody to you? Does that sound like someone unimportant, unworthy, and without value? Not! When you believe you are not worth much, you are insulting the One who designed you. From the moment that egg and sperm came together to start your life, you have been God’s unique creation. If you do not believe it, look at your fingerprints. There is no one else on earth like you! You are Fearfully and Wonderfully Made. God Himself Made You Bit-By-Bit, He Sculpted You from Nothing into Something, How Dare You Demean Such Tremendous Creation! Your Mess Can Never Mess Up His Masterpiece! And Do Not You Dare Forget It Again!

AND NOW, MOST IMPORTANTLY, YOU ARE INFINITELY VALUABLE BECAUSE GOD PAID FOR YOU WITH THE LIFE OF HIS SON: Galatians 2:20 says, “I have been put up on the cross to die with Christ. I no longer live. Christ lives in me. The life I now live in this body, I live by putting my trust in the Son of God. HE WAS THE ONE WHO LOVED ME AND GAVE HIMSELF FOR ME” (NLV). I want to invite you to walk with me right now up a hill near Jerusalem called Skull Hill. At the top, imagine there is this blood-stained cross. That is where God’s one and only Son thought you were so precious that He poured out His life for every wrong thing you have ever done and will do. Why? Because that’s the only way you could ever be forgiven of your sins; the only way you could ever have the loving relationship with Him you were made for; the only way you could be with Him in heaven forever.

Can you imagine being so valuable that to purchase you it took the Heavenly Father giving His Beloved Son to Sacrifice His Life? You were worth LIFE! You were worth blood, mockery, spit, nails, thorns, spears, and gall. You were worth the torture, the whipping, the mangled body. You were worth the cross. You were worth Life, Death, Burial, Resurrection, and Return! You were worth the Heart of the Gospel! You were worth Redeeming, Saving, Justifying, and Loving Unconditionally! You were worth the angels are given charge to keep you. You were worth having unlimited access to heavenly resources on earth!

YOU ARE WORTHY, TREASURED, AND STILL VALUABLE!

It is my prayer that this little reminder will put a smile on your face. No matter what you have done or left undone, no matter where you have been or why. No matter how many times you have fallen and failed…YOU ARE STILL VALUABLE!

No matter how many mistakes and even deliberate bad decisions you have made; no matter what you look like, where you are from, your marital, social, or financial status…YOU ARE STILL VALUABLE!

No matter what or who you have lost, never lose your value! And never allow anyone to make any attempts to alter or diminish it.

Let no one tell you that anyone is beyond restoration. Not even Jesus felt that way. And He had good reason to kick quite a few folks to the curb, but He didn’t…Judas betrayed Him (but He didn’t discard him); Peter denied Him (but He didn’t discard him); Thomas doubted Him (but He didn’t discard him); and in the end, they all left but John, and still He didn’t discard them He gave up His life still. Can you imagine hanging on a cross, dying yourself, between 2 thieves, knowing full well that they are guilty as sin, and yet one calls out to Him, and He still answers?

1.. Christ Has Changed Us Mentally: Being “…transformed by the renewing of [our] mind” (Romans 12:2), we now look at life, ourselves, others, our challenges, and options considering God’s thoughts, not ours. We see opportunities where we saw only obstacles, and possibilities where we saw only problems. Minds that were frazzled with worry, are now filled with confidence and peace. Share This Message With Them!

2.. Christ Has Changed Us Morally: The list of wrongdoers mentioned in 1 Corinthians 6:9-10 was a lifestyle all too familiar to many of us. It includes the immoral, thieves, greedy, drunkards, slanderers, swindlers, etc. Then comes glorious verse 11: “Several you know from experience what I’m talking about, for not so long ago you were on that list. Since then, you’ve been cleaned up and given a fresh start by Jesus, our Master, our Messiah, and by our God present in us, the Spirit.” He has transformed our character. Share This Message With Them!

3.. Christ Has Changed Us Spiritually: Once we were unable to enjoy His Word, His Worship, and His Ways. Now, alive by His indwelling Spirit, we revel in these things. “That’s why only someone who has God’s Spirit can understand spiritual blessings. Anyone who doesn’t have God’s Spirit thinks these blessings are foolish.” (1 Corinthians 2:14 CEV). Share This Message With Them!

We are still called the Ministry of Reconciliation. 2 Corinthians 5:16-20, “Because of this decision, we don’t evaluate people by what they have or how they look. We looked at the Messiah that way once and got it all wrong, as you know. We certainly do not look at him that way anymore. Now we look inside, and what we see is that ANYONE UNITED WITH THE MESSIAH GET’S A FRESH START, IS CREATED NEW. THE OLD LIFE IS GONE; A NEW LIFE BURGEONS! Look at it! All this comes from the God WHO SETTLED THE RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN US AND HIM AND THEN CALLED US TO SETTLE OUR RELATIONSHIPS WITH EACH OTHER. God put the world square with himself through the Messiah, giving the world A FRESH START by offering forgiveness of sins. God has given us the task of telling everyone what He is doing. We are Christ’s representatives. God uses us to persuade men and women to DROP THEIR DIFFERENCES and enter God’s work of MAKING THINGS RIGHT BETWEEN THEM. We’re speaking for Christ himself now: Become friends with God; He’s already a friend with you.” (MSG)

I’M STILL VALUABLE!

“If you are not being treated with the love and respect you deserve, check your price tag. Perhaps you have marked yourself down. It is YOU that determines what you are worth by what you accept. Get off the clearance rack and get behind the glass case where the Valuables are kept.” (Author Unknown)

“If you don’t value yourself, you’re not going to draw valuable things into your life.” (Robert Tew)

“If you find yourself constantly trying to prove your worth to someone you have already forgotten your value.” (Author Unknown)

Unshakeable in a chaotic world. David also teaches that to live an unshakeable life during trials:

 

You will be faced with some type of crisis in your life; it may be in your marriage, career, finances, health, or even faith.  During a life crisis, God has an evacuation route in place.  King David was one of the greatest kings of Israel.  He was also known as the man after God’s own heart.  He had a special relationship with God, but that did not make him immune from adversity. There was a time in his life before he was king; King Saul was trying to kill David. Three truths helped David live an unshakable life through the chaos.

God will always make your path in life known. Whenever we are faced with some type of trouble God will reveal to us the path of life that we are on.

In Psalms,

“You make known to me the path of life; in Your presence, there is

fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.” (Psalm 16:11 ESV)

David teaches that in an unshakable life:

  1. OUR SHELTER IS NOT A PLACE, IT’S A PERSON. 

David finds shelter in God.  In Psalms David proclaims,

“Preserve me, O God, for in You I take refuge. I say to the Lord,

‘You are my Lord; I have no good apart from You.’” (Psalm 16:1-2 ESV)

David’s shelter is his relationship with God.  He surrenders his life to God and finds refuge in him.  During a troubling situation, surrender to God, and pray. Instead of taking the path of worry and fear, take the path to God’s shelter. The Psalmist declares,

 “But as for me, how good it is to be near God!  I have made the Sovereign Lord my shelter…” (Psalm 73:28 NLT)

God is sovereign.  He is the supreme ruler of all the Earth.  God has everything in control.  Choose God’s shelter, He holds everything together.   During troubles, David reminds us, “The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot.” (Psalms 16:5 ESV)

The “RED PATH” scripture guides by stating, “I have told you these things, so that in Me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33 NIV).

Jesus reminds us that in the world we will face troubles. Those troubles can be extremely intense and hold great pressure.  When pressure builds up, there needs to be a release. Instead of running to faulty shelters, run to Jesus and trust in Him.  By finding shelter in Jesus there will be peace.

David also teaches that to live an unshakeable life during trials:

  1. CHOOSE TO WORSHIP.

David says, “I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also, my heart instructs me” (Psalm 16:7 ESV). 

David worships God during times of trial. He blesses God and receives guidance from Him.  It is critical to worship God during times of trouble.  Instead of falling into the pressures of trouble, the heart of worship will change us.  Worship songs are not just music; they can be prophetic words from God speaking to our hearts. 

We need to posture our hearts towards God.  Worship aids the posture of our hearts.  We can easily allow the flesh to take over and things like anger, gossip, sin, and guilt can take control. The Devil will feed on sin and guilt. God will feed on the praises of His people.  Do not give the Devil any food; give your worship to God to delight in.  

God knows our struggles.  We need to be vigilant in our commitment to do what is right in life, rather than settling for what is convenient.  No matter how tough things will be, we need to be responsible and take the right path in life.  God will always be faithful and guide us through our struggles.

GOD KNOWS WHEN WE NEED GUIDANCE.

The “RED PATH” scripture says, “But when He, the Spirit of truth, comes, He will guide you into all truth” (John 16:13 NIV).

God is the spirit of truth.  He will guide us in all situations.  He will use His word, our worship, and even the spirit of a true friend.  The spirit of a true friend is a friend who is grounded in Jesus and will help us seek Him.

Lastly, to live an unshakeable life David says,

  1. STAY CLOSELY CONNECTED TO YOUR SHELTER.

 As the Bible says, “I have set the Lord always before me; because He is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken” (Psalm 16:8 ESV).

By surrendering to God and placing Him first, He will be in control. God is greater than our problems and burdens. When we choose to control our own lives, we may steer them in the wrong direction to disaster. By placing God first, He will direct us on the right path to safety. God will be at our right hand to defend us through any circumstances; He will never reject or abandon us.  God is our shelter.

The “RED PATH” scripture says, “I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing”

(John 15:5 NIV).

Without Jesus, we cannot do anything. God wants us to have that childlike faith, humility, and dependence that allows us to fully surrender to Him. In God’s shelter, He will guide us and help us to grow.   He wants us to stay close to Him and build our confidence through Him. 

Allow the Holy Spirit to speak these three truths to live an unshakable life. God is our shelter; when we worship God, He will guide us; by staying intricately connected to God, He will help us grow.

Blessings

J.P. Olson

www.journeyintotheword.com

Join Journey Into The Word each Sunday evening at 6:00 PM CST & 7:00 PM EST on the Now Network  http://www.theNOWnetwork.org

ROKU, Cable & Online: https://www.thenownetwork.org/sunday

No comments:

Post a Comment