Monday, October 21, 2019

You Are There For A Reason! When I Came Here, I Questioned God. When He Placed Me In A Little Church. I Complained, But God Dealt With Me. You May Be Facing A Mordecai Challenge. You May Have Asked Yourself Why Am I Here? A Mordecai Challenge Is This

Esther 4:12-14, “When Hathach told Mordecai what Esther had said, Mordecai sent her this message: “Don’t think that just because you live in the king’s house you’re the one Jew who will get out of this alive. If you persist in staying silent at a time like this, help and deliverance will arrive for the Jews from someplace else; but you and your family will be wiped out. Who knows? Maybe you were made queen for just such a time as this.” (MSG)
You see I thought God threw me a curve ball that I couldn’t see it and nobody else could have seen it coming. I was like God why did you put me out here in “No-Man’s land. Why this state God? All of these little churches and you want me to do what?  God had to humble me. I wanted to complain, but He had to sit me down. You want to me to go to this little church where you want me to pastor some un-churched people? Here I am trying to negotiate with God. I didn’t realize that God had a plan until He sat me down and had a conversation with me. You see I wanted to complain about where I was, I had come out of a mega church and I was comfortable there and when I traveled I would always visit a mega church. Then when God placed me in this little church, I got upset one Sunday because I wasn’t seeing results of people “getting saved” or wanting more of Jesus, I just felt some people were coming to church going through the motion of “this is just another given Sunday” so I got angry and I literally said to them, you know what, you all don’t have to come back to church, if it’s just me and Jesus, I am fine, don’t come back, because you don’t really want to hear God’s word, you want to play church. Just don’t come back.  I went home complaining.  Two things happened while I was complaining. God had a conversation with me and a friend of mine had to remind me of something I said, ouch” doesn’t it upset you when you have to be remained of something I said and I can’t get mad at me because I said it.  Well, I was mumbling and there it hit me with in my spirit, I heard God so loud and clear and my husband said who are you talking to and I said God is having a conversation with me. First I heard in my spirit, “complaining is a sin” then I heard God speak to me, he spoke to my spirit so powerful that I fell in the chair to listen, sometimes God can peacefully talk to up and sometimes He can knock us to our knees, or like my friend often say, “I don’t want God to discipline me because when you feel His hands you leave walking with a limp.” God spoke to me and in my spirit I heard the voice of God say. While I am trying to tell him about the people, God said, I didn’t ask you to change them, I asked you to feed them. I said go to this area and feed my sheep. You may never see them change, that’s not for you to do, that’s what I do; I do the changing.” That was so powerful to me; that was a bold statement. God said “I asked you to go feed my sheep because they were lost and you are trying to change them and what are you looking for? I guess I was looking for some visual change that I could see. And then I shared with my friend what had happened and she said let me help you. Should I remind you of what you asked God to do for you? She said this is what you prayed and asked God, do you remember? You said God give me all of the rejects and the un-churched people that nobody else wants, that’s the kind of church I want; these kind of people, she said you even said J.P., these are my kind of people, they were Jesus kind of people, He showed no partiality, and now I want to complain after God gave me what I asked for. You see God knew exactly what He was doing and where He was placing me. When I went back to church the following Sunday they were all there, they came back despite my saying to them don’t come back and I had to apologize, because I was out of order.
I tell you I developed such a personal relationship with the small group that I was ministering too, we became family and friends. People accepted Christ and we worked together like family. I never regretted one day driving an hour; 20 minutes one way each Sunday going to that little church, waiting to greet and see each person. I knew everyone by name and they knew me, how often does that happen in a big church, it doesn’t. I often say today if I never go to another large mega church in my life I will be just fine, because we got to know each other and mainly people got to develop a personal intimate relationship with Christ and when that season was over God said now I am going to move you back into reaching the nations, because that’s what I had prayed for, I want the Jabez prayer to work for me Lord but instead of increasing my territory take me to the nations where people have never heard Your name, take me where I can introduce them to You, they can get to know You and become one of Your followers. I wouldn’t trade anything for where I am in this journey. My only challenge in this state is the weather but I am quite sure God had that figured that in the plan as well while disciplining and humbling me.
You see, what helped me see what was really going on in my undesirable situation was that challenge, which was actually the Mordecai Challenge. Maybe you’re a candidate for the Mordecai Challenge where you are right now. And if you are, take a listen to the challenge found in Esther 4:12-14, it’s where we find a Jewish young woman named Esther providentially placed in the position of being Queen of Persia. No one knows she’s Jewish, and she’s in this great position which her Cousin Mordecai is asking her now to totally lay on the line.
In a palace plot, Esther’s people-God’s chosen people-have been targeted for annihilation. Only Esther was in a position to get to the king and plead for the lives of her people. But the law called for anyone who went unbidden into the throne room of the king to be put to death. And Esther hasn’t heard from the king for a month. Now here’s that Mordecai Challenge, “…Who knows? Maybe you were made queen for just such a time as this.” (MSG) Varying translations say it like this:
“And who knows whether you have attained royalty for such a time as this [AND FOR THIS VERY PURPOSE]?” (AMP);
The Mordecai Challenge is this, maybe where you are right now is for: “this very purpose; a moment like this; to be chosen as the very one that God has brought to this place, in this position, for such a time as this…to save the lives of many?”
And I know many of us want our ‘PURPOSE’ to be great, but what if our purpose to serve is in a painful (not preferred) place? Many of us are waiting for our ‘MOMENT’ to arrive, but what happens when your most effective moment for ministry occurs during misery? Many of us want to be ‘CHOSEN’, but what happens when our being chosen comes with an assignment we didn’t want to be called to? Many of us want God to open doors and bring us into great places, but what happens when the place God brings us to the very place we’ve been trying to run away from?
Listen, I’ll be the first to tell you that my greatest moments in ministry have happened during the worst times of my life. And yet, knowing that the Will of God for my life is being fulfilled does make those painful moments all the more worth it. Reminds me of Paul:
2 Corinthians 12:7-10, Listen to what Paul said: “Because of the extravagance of those revelations, and so I wouldn’t get a big head, I was given the gift of a handicap to keep me in constant touch with my limitations. Satan’s angel did his best to get me down; what he in fact did was push me to my knees. No danger then of walking around high and mighty! At first I didn’t think of it as a gift, and begged God to remove it. Three times I did that, and then He told me, My grace is enough; it’s all you need. My strength comes into its own in your weakness. Once I heard that, I was glad to let it happen. I quit focusing on the handicap and began appreciating the gift. It was a case of Christ’s strength moving in on my weakness. Now I take limitations in stride, and with good cheer, these limitations that cut me down to size – abuse, accidents, opposition, bad breaks. I just let Christ take over! And so the weaker I get, the stronger I become.” (MSG)
How amazing that with all the gifts we seek after in God, one of the greatest of the gifts is “…The Gift Of A Handicap To Keep Me In Touch With My Limitations…”
Sometimes God lifts you up into high positions so you can get a better view of those living in low places. Therefore, the position is not so others can see you, but so you can see others who need a hand getting back on their feet. So don’t get lost in loftiness, your positioned there not to push yourself up but to pull someone else up.
Listen: Even Paul got to a point where he learned to stop focusing on the handicap and instead started appreciating the gift. And you need to learn to do likewise. Stop focusing on the pain, the hurt, the loss, the betrayal, the gossip, the discouragement, the abandonment, the loneliness, the failure, the disappointment, the grief, the anger. And instead start appreciating that God gifted you even in places such as these! You don’t lose an ounce of your anointing because of attacks. Those are in fact the best places to continue to serve God, because it says in essence, “I trust God even in this!”
Example: Daniel 3:16-18, “Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered King Nebuchadnezzar, “Your threat means nothing to us. If you throw us in the fire, the God we serve can rescue us from your roaring furnace and anything else you might cook up, O king. But even if he doesn’t, it wouldn’t make a bit of difference, O king. We still wouldn’t serve your gods or worship the gold statue you set up.” (MSG) you have to reach this place in God where you KNOW He can deliver you, and yet maintain the conviction that even if He doesn’t, I’ll still serve Him and not Satan nor my Circumstances! You can’t grow having circumstantial conviction! You can’t believe God only when it’s good, you can’t believe God only on the mountain. You have to determine to believe and trust God no matter what curve ball life throws you to knock you off your game!
Listen to Jesus speak: Matthew 26:52-54, “Jesus said, “Put your sword back where it belongs. All who use swords are destroyed by swords. Don’t you realize that I am able right now to call to My Father, and twelve companies—more, if I want them—of fighting angels would be here, battle-ready? But if I did that, how would the Scriptures come true that say this is the way it has to be?” (MSG)
You see, as believers, angels have been given a charge where we’re concerned: Psalm 91:11-13, “He ordered His angels to guard you wherever you go. If you stumble, they’ll catch you; their job is to keep you from falling. You’ll walk unharmed among lions and snakes, and kick young lions and serpents from the path.” (MSG)
And though we have all of this at our disposal, there are still times in which God will NOT deliver us because He’s using us as lifeboats to rescue someone else! Why is He using us in the storms of life? Because we’ve proven to Him that we’re anchored in Him! That’s why you have to learn how to trust and rely on God even when you’re in a position that looks like it will cost you your life!
You have to grow and mature into a place that says I’ll serve Him even though He slay me! Job 13:15, “I will continue to trust God even if He kills me…” (ERV) Are you at that place of trust? Will you trust God regardless of the diagnosis, the disease, the length of the depression, the divorce, the demotion, or the disagreement? Will you still trust God that He has your best interests at heart even when they lay you off, the kids stray, the finances dwindle to dust? Will you continue to trust God even if your loved one does not receive the healing? Will you still trust God when the church doors close, the house forecloses, the car is repossessed and the business goes belly up? Will you still trust God like Paul? Will you still trust God like Jesus? Will you still trust God like Job?
Luke 22:42 says, “He walked away, perhaps a stone’s throw, and knelt down and prayed this prayer: “Father, if You are willing, please take away this cup of horror from Me. But I want Your Will, not Mine.” (TLB) Will you trust God enough to follow His Will, His Word and His Way, even if you’d rather jump ship?! Do you trust God enough to continue to follow His plan even while you’re experiencing so much pain? Do you trust God enough to continue to pursue His purpose for your life though you keep running into problem after problem? Do you trust God enough to stay on track even when life keeps trying to derail you? Do you trust God enough, like Jesus, that in the very thick of your heartache, you kneel in prayer instead of prostrating in a self-pity party? Do you trust God enough to ask Him to take the cup of horror away from you, but if it’s not His will, you’re content enough to drink it?
Listen, I’m not telling you this is easy, by far it’s been the hardest thing I have had to do in my life. But I will say this, I don’t regret it for one moment but I also had the opportunity to pray with others, to share the promises of God, the salvation, healing and deliverance of God, the peace and joy of God. I had the opportunity even in my suffering to see someone else smile. Isn’t that worth it?
My friend reminded me of my own words, “Even in this place, even under these circumstances, remember who you are. Remember why you’re there.” Esther realizes she has been placed where she is to save lives and she risks hers to rescue them. And her people live because of it. Right now, God may be saying to you about your situation-where you work, where you go to school, the sport you’re in, the club you’re in, the neighborhood you’re in, the jam you’re in, “You have been put in this position for such a time as this. Use that position to tell people about My Son. “
I guess in a sense, we’re all Esther. God has placed us where we are in order to save some lives there; lives that Jesus died for. And God has put those people within your reach through your situation so you can rescue them. So…..how are you doing on the real reason you’re there?
Never let a Moment of Misery cause you to lose sight of your Monumental Ministry given to you by God! Always Remember: You Were Rescued to Reconcile! 2 Corinthians 5:16-20, But all these things are from God, who reconciled us to Himself through Christ [making us acceptable to Him] And Gave Us The Ministry Of Reconciliation [So That By Our Example We Might Bring Others To Him], that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not counting people’s sins against them [but canceling them]. And He Has Committed To Us The Message Of Reconciliation [That Is, Restoration To Favor With God]. So We Are Ambassadors For Christ, As Though God Were Making His Appeal Through Us; We [As Christ’s Representatives] Plead With You On Behalf Of Christ To Be Reconciled To God.” (AMP)
That’s our job church, to employ more people in the Kingdom of God! To reach them, encourage them help them find restoration and redemption. We are assigned to bring life to a dying soul. We are to bring eternity to those who have no idea just how short the hour of salvation has become. That’s why we can’t afford to get distracted in the last days. There are too many souls on their way to hell instead of heaven because the church is too consumed with her own hurt! But we have no time to wallow when there are so many souls that are wounded and need healing from the only One who can mend the Broken-Hearted!
Whether we’re in poverty or prosperity; whether we’re in the pulpit or the pew; whether we’re happy or hurting; it’s all irrelevant when we’ve been giving a charge to keep! And yes, sometimes we will be called to fulfill that charge in pain, in hurt, in disgust, in betrayal, in failure, in suffering, in trials, in tribulation, in frustration, in confusion, in sleepless nights, in sickness, and yet, we still have to keep the charge.
I even love the fact that God doesn’t snatch us out of every painful moment we experience because sometimes reconciling people requires you being able to relate to people, and truth is there are very few, if any people, walking around completely pain-free 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 12 months and 366 days a year!
Think about it: When you’re children or your marriage is in trouble, do you really want to talk to someone who has never had any issues in this area, or would you prefer to speak with someone who has been here, and can show you how to go through and come out of it?
Look at it like this: Not one of us would take our car to a baker when it’s in trouble; we don’t take our plants to the zoo when they’re dying; we don’t go to the museum when the house is on fire. In other words, we take the issue to the appropriate person and place to get it fixed, restored or healed. And believe it or not, but you are that person and place for someone. Someone needs your fractured pieces to become whole. When you go into the hospital it’s not because you need to be there, it’s because God needs you to be there for someone else. He needs you to be His mouth, His hands, His feet, and His soothing and comforting and encouraging presence that all will be well. You are where you are for a reason, and that reason is to be a Glimpse of God in someone else’s Gloom. When you show people that you don’t have to throw in the towel when tough times come, but that you can wipe your blood, sweat and tears, and remain in the fight, and even win it, that’s powerful! That’s encouragement, empowerment, inspiration, that’s purpose, that’s ministry! You are where you are so you can tell someone else: “NAY, IN ALL THESE THINGS WE ARE More Than Conquerors Through Him That Loved Us.” (Romans 8:37) The New Living Translation says it like this: “No, Despite All These Things, Overwhelming Victory Is Ours Through Christ, Who Loved Us.” (NLT) You are where you are to prove to those who are suffering in bondage, that God doesn’t even have to bring you OUT, He can bless you and make you a more than conqueror even while you’re still IN! You are where you are to encourage someone in knowing that despite all these things, God is still able!
So don’t walk out on the marriage just yet (your children are watching and listening); don’t leave the church just yet (the people of God are watching and listening); don’t quit the job just yet (the bosses and coworkers are watching and listening); don’t go into despair in the doctor’s office or the hospital (other patients are watching and listening). Your actions, words, and attitude show people how to go through and get through and not give up, give out, or give in. Many will follow your lead. Show them how to take it to prayer, show them how to praise and worship even with it, show them how to dance and sing even if you’ll cry later, show them how to rest in the Word of God no matter what the newspapers say from day-to-day. Show them your life of faith!
People (saved and unsaved) are watching us and listening to us, let’s not mar the image and likeness of God that we are. Let’s not murmur, grumble or complain. Let’s not have a pity party or live in a mansion of misery. Let’s show them how to keep showing up!
God has placed us where we are for a reason, it is not by accident and it is not without purpose and a plan. Therefore, don’t just sit there “Esther”, but take a stand and do something that will better the lives of many.
Esther 4:15-17, “Esther sent back her answer to Mordecai: “Go and get all the Jews living in Susa together. Fast for me. Don’t eat or drink for three days, either day or night. I and my maids will fast with you. If you will do this, I’ll go to the king, even though it’s forbidden. If I die, I die.” Mordecai left and carried out Esther’s instructions.” (MSG)
And 4 chapters later, with the very same verses reads:
Esther 8:15-17, “Mordecai walked out of the king’s presence wearing a royal robe of violet and white, a huge gold crown, and a purple cape of fine linen. The city of Susa exploded with joy. For Jews it was all sunshine and laughter: they celebrated, they were honored. It was that way all over the country, in every province, every city when the king’s bulletin was posted: the Jews took to the streets in celebration, cheering, and feasting. Not only that, but many non-Jews became Jews—now it was dangerous not to be a Jew!” (MSG)
It’s time we get to work, because there are people, countries, provinces, states, cities, and nations just waiting for us to remember Why We Are Here…to Fulfill the Great Commission! And unlike our jobs, we don’t get to use vacation, personal and sick time so that we can clock out and check out on ministry. We don’t get snow days. Conditions Should Never Compromise Our Commission, Call or Conviction! We are to be about our Father’s Business like never before. So, let’s clock in and work like we know the last hours are truly at hand…because they are!
We are here for a reason, and it’s for the People’s Souls Not Our Personal Success, don’t lose Sight of that!
You Are There For a Reason!
Blessings
J.P. Olson
www.thewordwithjpolson.com

No comments:

Post a Comment