Monday, June 5, 2017

So, When Is The Last Time You Praised The Lord For All Those Times You've Been Delivered From Danger And Never Even Knew it! The Accident That Missed You and Much More.


So, when is the last time you praised the Lord for all those times you've been delivered from danger and never even knew it!  Why did the drunken driver miss you? Why wasn’t your suicide attempt successful? Why didn’t depression have you in a padded room, rocking and trying to remember your name? Why didn’t the accident take your life? Why didn’t the loss of employment cause the loss of your home? After such a painful broken trust, why were you allowed to love again? Why did you get to carry a baby to full term after multiple miscarriages? Why did you survive?

Paul wrote about that level of security in our text of 2 Timothy 4:17-18. He said, "But the Lord stood with me and gave me strength so that I might preach the Good News in its entirety for all the Gentiles to hear. And He rescued me from certain death. Yes; and the Lord will deliver me from every evil attack and will bring me safely into His heavenly Kingdom. All glory to God forever and ever! Amen." (NLT) Now there is a pretty powerful antidote to fear! The Lord WILL rescue me and deliver me from every evil attack! In fact, not even certain death can come for me before His timing for it! And even in the face of timely death, I still have further security that “…the Lord will bring me safely into His heavenly Kingdom…” Death can only come for me when God says it’s invited. And even when it’s invited, it will only bring me to my Father’s House in Heaven! That’s why you should look fear, and even fear of death, right in the face and laugh. You are Always Protected By Your God!

Even being protected by God, He has granted His children a good amount of solid common sense! Paul often continued to preach boldly, even when he knew there were forces who wanted to kill him in the city. But other times he left town quickly or sneaked out of the city in a basket. When Nehemiah and his workers were threatened, he said, "We prayed to our God and we posted a guard day and night" (Nehemiah 4:9). Now, look! Our faith is not in that guard but in our God. But sometimes God chooses to protect us through practical steps that He asks us to take. Therefore, yes you are safe and protected by God, and indeed He will rescue and deliver us. However, we were created with brains for a reason! Always walk by faith, but never walk foolishly, and utilizing God’s wisdom is the best way to accomplish both successfully!

Ultimately we're safe because our Almighty God is watching over us. As a matter of fact, in just six verses in Psalm 121, it says "The Lord watches over you" five times! It concludes by saying, "The Lord will keep you from all harm - He will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore."

I often watch the news and I’m blown away at times by the things that happened, that just missed me by a moment! Such as, there was a 5 car pile-up (at an exit I would have gotten off on); a train derailed (the same one I was mad at that I missed). I'm indeed grateful for what God has blessed in my life, but I'm also grateful for what He blocked from it as well!

All I can say is, “The Devil Thought He Had Us, But We Got Away!” 


Blessings
J.P. Olson


Join us this morning on our Monday prayer conference call; where intercessors, prayers warriors and watchmen on the wall come together to petition many prayer requests that have come in, let us pray for you and with you, you are also welcome to pray for others. The prayer conference call has become a gathering place to meet in God's presence on Monday mornings.  Hours: (CST) Mon. 7:00 AM- 8:00 AM. Call the  free toll number 1-302-202-1106, access conference code, 738510 for U.S. & Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment