Tuesday, January 10, 2017

We Bring Our Problem To Our Father, Explain To Him What We Think Is Wrong, And Then We Pick Up The Problem We’ve Laid At The Altar And Carry It Right Back Home!

We bring our problem to our Father, explain to Him what we think is wrong, and then we pick up the problem we’ve laid at the altar and carry it right back home! And sadly enough, we’ll sit up all night long worried about this same problem and wondering why God hasn’t fixed it yet!
That parable made me think of Luke 7 beginning at verse 2. "A certain Centurion's servant, whom his master valued highly, was sick and about to die. The Centurion heard of Jesus and sent some elders of the Jews to him, asking him to come and heal his servant. When they came to Jesus, they pleaded earnestly with Him."Now at this point they're telling Jesus about the problem.
Now, Jesus responds and the Centurion sends a message back and says, "'I did not even consider myself worthy to come to you. But say the word, and my servant will be healed. For I myself am a man under authority, with soldiers under me. I tell this one, "Go," and he goes; and that one, "Come," and he comes. I say to my servant, "Do this," and he does it.' When Jesus heard this, he was amazed at him, and turning to the crowd following him He said, 'I tell you, I have not found such great faith even in Israel.' Then the men who had been sent returned to the house and found the servant well."
Look at those words, "such great faith." Now, why does Jesus say that? Well, see, this Centurion didn't just tell Jesus about the problem. He didn't just bring it to His attention. He trusted Jesus with it totally. That's why he got the miracle he needed.
Truth is, maybe you're looking at a problem or a need that really needs the touch of God right now. Well, might I say for lack of a better term, “He's the Master Mechanic” who can fix what’s broken! He's the ultimate fixer! You say, "Well, you don’t know how hard, long and often I've prayed about it!" And to be honest, that may just be your problem! "You've prayed so much about it." But have you left it with Him?
You TOLD Him, but have you TRUSTED Him?
Notice the Centurion said, "Just say the word and it will be done." See, great faith recognizes the total authority of Jesus over this impossible situation and acts as if it's totally in Jesus' hands. He's the Lord of the outcome. He'll decide the outcome. That's great faith. And that's how you are when you pray about someone or something if you're exercising great faith. "Lord, if you say 'come' it will come. If you say 'go' it will go. If you say 'do this' it will be done."
But no, you’d rather keep crying and complaining, “Lord, my husband, my wife, my children, my job, my business, my career, my school, my church, my ministry, my finances, my health, my home, my car, my bills…” Well, when do you plan to stop TALKING to Him about it, and finally TRUST Him with it?!
When you know that you’re leaving it (whatever your ‘it’ is) with the one who can fix it, then why are you doubting, questioning, worrying, fretting, fearing, pacing? He knows what He’s doing, why not rest yourself, and trust Him to fix what’s broken in His time and in His way?
Matthew 11:28-30, “Are you tired? Worn out? Burned out on religion? Come to me. Get away with me and you’ll recover your life. I’ll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won’t lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you’ll learn to live freely and lightly.” (MSG)
You need to learn how to rest in God, and let Him repair things in your life!
Proverbs 3:5-12, “Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don’t try to figure out everything on your own. Listen for God’s voice in everything you do, everywhere you go; he’s the one who will keep you on track. Don’t assume that you know it all. Run to God! Run from evil! Your body will glow with health, your very bones will vibrate with life!” (MSG)
And all you have to do to enjoy a vibrant, healthy and full life is trust God…then what are you waiting for? What’s so hard? Because you do know that He is able to handle even the hard thing…right?
Jeremiah 32:27, “I am the Lord, the God of all living things! Is anything too hard for me?” (CEB)
Now, if God is the Lord of all living things, what do we have to worry about? There is nothing and no one that operates outside of His control, so why are our emotions so out of control every time we go through a storm, struggle or trial? There is nothing too hard for God’s hands to handle! So take yours off!
Genesis 18:14, “Is anything too hard for God? Next year, just as I told you, I will certainly see to it that Sarah has a son.” (TLB)
There are 2 wonderful points to take note of here: First, “…JUST AS I TOLD YOU…” Isn’t it wonderful to know that God can’t lie and can’t fail? What was to be done in Sarah’s life was to be done just as the Lord said! Take heart and take courage, the Lord has not forgotten about you either! What He Said you will See! And secondly, “…I WILL CERTAINLY SEE TO IT…” That’s Personal! God Himself said, you don’t have to worry about what I said, I will see that it comes to pass, and I need absolutely no assistance from you at all in making that happen! You just wait, watch and see! If that doesn’t encourage you, it certainly encouraged me! Me and my future are so important to God, that He’s personally seeing that His Word and Promise comes true in my life…and yours! Now, that’s worth celebrating, rejoicing and praising!
Does that sound like Someone you can’t trust?!
When Jesus has the problem, you don't have it any more! When you tell Jesus about it, you walk in all bent over carrying this big load, but you walk out of that Throne Room... still bent over? NO! When you've really trusted Him with it, you walk in bent over, but you walk out standing tall because you left your load in Jesus' capable hands! Relax in His total authority over your situation. Exercise that faith that brings down the supernatural; such great faith it is!
1 Peter 5:7, “casting ALL your cares [ALL your anxieties, ALL your worries, and ALL your concerns, once and for ALL] on Him, for He cares about you [ with deepest affection, and watches over you very carefully].” (AMP)
In case you didn’t catch it, the key word is “ALL! Stop giving God what you think He can handle, and give Him everything, because there is nothing too hard for the hands of God to handle! There is absolutely nothing so broken that He cannot fix, mend and heal!
And that my friend, is the God you serve! Stop talking to Him only, and start trusting Him too! He has your very best interest at heart, at all times.” Tell Him your problems, then take them back, tell Him your problems, then take them back! NO! That’s why they’re still broken! Leave them with Him!
Psalm 147:3, “He heals their broken hearts and bandages their wounds.” (ERV)

People of God, let God fix what’s broken! Stop trying to do it yourself, stop trusting in the arm of flesh that will fail you every time. Trust God. He has more than proven Himself to have great plans for your life! And even when you allow those plans to become marred in His hands, just stay in His hands, and watch Him make something beautiful still!

No comments:

Post a Comment