Saturday, June 8, 2013

My Little Blind Dog Peanut

I have a little blind dog, his name is Peanut, you would never know he was blind,  his other senses are very keen, which I believe is that inate instinct and ability God give to animals. When I came into Peanut life, yes I came into his life about 5 years ago it was a blessing for Peanut as well as a blessing for me. When I shared with my daughter that Peanut was blind she said, that figures, you are always seeking out the down and out, the lost and found, the less fortunate, anyone that has a handicap is your thing mother, we laughed because I would always joke that I must be wearing a sign on my forehead that only people in need see, because I can be in the midst of a million people and someone with problems will find me in the midst of the millions people looking for help, so goes the story of my life and then I'm on the mission to save the world.

Peanut walks around like he owns the world, roam the yard as if he knows where to go and where not to go, that's why someone would question if he is blind. He has such an amazing gift about him, although he is blind and it would appear that he need assistance, he is always the one protecting the other dogs. Something unique happened two nights ago, during a thunderstorm, it was around 2:00 am, I was asleep and wasn't aware that a storm was taking place until I heard my husband telling Peanut to settle down. Peanut who also sleeps in the bedroom in his little bed kept scratching my arm, he was nervous from the thunder, I was so sleepy, he was shaking uncontrollably. I did something I don't usually do and that is put him in the bed with me. My husband thought I had lost my mind, but I picked him up and I placed him in the bed in my arms like a baby and I said a few lines of the 23rd Psalm, 4th verse "Though I Walk Through The Valley of  The Shadow of Death, I Will Fear No Evil, For Thou Art With Me, Thy Rod and Thy Staff They Comfort Me" 

Just as I finished that line of "They Comfort Me" Peanut was sleep, it was actually funny, because I said to my husband do you hear this dog snoring, the thunder and lightening was still flashing through the window, he was like a new born babe, he was in my arms as I comforted him and stroked his body gently. I realize that's what our Heavenly Father does, He comforts us in the midst of the storm, He brings us peace, if we just allow Him to lift us up and carry us in His arms, we too can sleep in peace and all of the fears of the thunder and lightening that comes with the storms of life. God wants to comfort us, that's just what Peanut wanted some assurance and comfort that he was alright when I lifted him up in my arms and carried him while he slept, God prayers work not only for me but also for Peanut. God guides Peanut everyday in protection, knowing that Peanut is blind, he knows where to walk without walking into the door or danger, He walks in the same path everyday. God wants us to walk in the same path of righteousness everyday so that we won't stumble and fall or walk into something that will hurt us.

If you are steering through life unanchored in the midst of a storm you will surely drift away. Jesus is your Anchor to get you through the storm. Sometimes God calms the storm. Sometimes He let the storm rage, and calms His child.  Have you ever found yourself in that place? Have you ever found yourself stuck in one of life's storms, and no matter how hard you try, no matter what you do, it seems that you cannot make any headway? Well, we all have times like that! It may seem to you like the storm will never end and that there is no possible good that can come from what you are facing., however, there is some good news for us from the Word of God, while the storms of life are never pleasant they produce certain benefits in our lives, sometimes the storms of life contain some hidden blessings for the children of God.

I do not know what kind of storm you are facing this evening, but I do know that the Lord has a purpose in allowing that storm to rage in your life. God wants you to cry out to Him, Peanut cried out to me, he kept scratching my arm and whimpering in a loud voice until I answered his cry for help and comfort. God wants to carry you in his arm and comfort you. The very thing the disciples feared the sea, was the very thing the Lord used as the vehicle to reveal Himself unto them. He will do the same in your life and mine. Notice how Jesus came to them that night. HE COMES IN THE FACE OF DARKNESS. IT WAS 2:00 am in the morning when the storm was raging and Peanut woke me up. The Bible says that Jesus came to them in"the fourth watch". Sometimes between 3 AM and 6 AM, during the darkest hours of the night, Jesus came walking on the water!

Just as surely as the Lord is in control of your blessings, He is also in charge of the storms. When things look the bleakest, just look around, Jesus is about to show up.Remember, He may not keep you from going into the storm, but He will keep you in the midst of the storm! Think of the 3 Hebrews, Daniel, and Noah.God did not prevent any of these from going into the storm, but He saved them all in the midst of their storm. What He did for them, He will do for you!

I don't know the nature of the storm you are facing this evening, He wants to carry you in His arms while the winds are still contrary to you. We are not promised comfort, but we are promised a Comforter in discomfort.








No comments:

Post a Comment